Did you know that low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide? What’s more is that the shape and posture of your lumbar spine is directly related to your low back health and function. Taking care of or avoiding lumbar spine problems requires understanding, maintaining, and restoring healthy lumbar spine alignment. A healthy lumbar spine allows for healthy low back movement and the health of your:
- Other spinal regions;
- Blood flow;
- Nerves and spinal cord;
- Muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Bones and joints;
- Digestion and other bodily functions;
- And more.
The message here is that your lumbar spinal alignment matters.[1-6]
How can I find a CBP® doctor?
You can find the locations and contact information for CBP® doctors at the CBP® Doctors Directory. The CBP® Doctors Directory includes and identifies doctors who have received CBP® training, earned Basic and Advanced Certifications, and those who have achieved Instructor level. Fully equipped and trained CBP® offices are exceptional and may see patients that travel from out of state or country to help with Lumbar spine problems.
Dr. Justin Favreau at Stability Health Center in Seattle, Washington holds an Advanced Certification in CBP®. Contact their office today to learn more about your lumbar spine and how they can improve your overall spine health.
- Diab AAM, Moustafa IM. The efficacy of lumbar extension traction for sagittal alignment in mechanical low back pain: a randomized trial. J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil. 2013;26(2):213-220.
- Moustafa IM, Diab AA. Extension traction treatment for patients with discogenic lumbosacral radiculopathy: a randomized controlled trial. Clin Rehab. 2012;27(1):51-62.
- Diab AA, Moustafa IM. Lumbar lordosis rehabilitation for pain and lumbar segmental motion in chronic mechanical low back pain. J Manip Physiol Ther. 2012;35(4):246-253.
- Sadler SG, Spink MJ, Ho A, De Jonge XJ, Chuter VH. Restriction in lateral bending range of motion, lumbar lordosis, and hamstring flexibility predicts the development of low back pain: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017 May 5;18(1):179.
- Chun SW, Lim CY, Kim K, Hwang J, Chung SG. The relationships between low back pain and lumbar lordosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Spine J. 2017 Aug;17(8):1180-1191.
- Pellisé F, Vila-Casademunt A, Ferrer M, Domingo-Sàbat M, Bagó J, Pérez-Grueso FJ, Alanay A, Mannion AF, Acaroglu E; European Spine Study Group, ESSG. Impact on health related quality of life of adult spinal deformity (ASD) compared with other chronic conditions. Eur Spine J. 2015 Jan;24(1):3-11.
- Oakley PA, Cuttler JM, Harrison DE. Xray imaging is essential for contemporary chiropractic and manual therapy spinal rehabilitation: radiography increases benefits and reduces risks. Dose Response 2018;April-June: 1-7